Friday, December 15, 2006

"Dancing Through Life" (for all of you Broadway "Wicked" fans)


This fall Andrew and I have been taking waltzing lessons....yes, you read that correctly....Andrew has been learning ballroom dancing! Colorado Springs has the oldest Waltzing club in the country, and a couple from the club offers free lessons to anyone who is interested. So, we thought we'd give it a try, and we have thoroughly enjoyed it! Andrew is actually quite "smoothe" on his feet. :) Anyways, this past Wednesday night was our first time to actually go to a ball and try out what we had learned. We definitely made some blunders but overall we did pretty well. Most of all, we had a blast doing it. The Waltzing club had their Christmas ball in this huge old five-star hotel. It's been there since 1920. It was absolutely beautiful! I wish I had gotten better pictures, but you can see a little of what it was like. It was nice to get away from the pressures of business and the formula and diapers of parenting to do a little of our own "Dancing Through Life."

11 Comments:

At 10:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you guys are cool. I am jealous. Michael says if we move somewhere where the lessons are free, we can learn to dance like the Newlands. Until then, I guess I will have to settle for doing the sprinkler in the living room!

 
At 12:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY! We love taking dance classes together! You guys look great. Glad you had so much fun with it. We can't wait to see you over break! Love ya!

 
At 12:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 9:19 PM, Blogger jeileenbaylor said...

You two look gorgeous together! I'm so happy that you were able to do that! It sounds like a blast :o)
Love you guys.

 
At 6:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 6:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 7:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That doesn't surprise me at all:) I think its awesome. G and I have talked about taking swing dance classes. Who knows, at our next reunion (which by the way is exactly 2 years away and counting. Get ready CO, here we come) we could have a dance off, showing our sweet moves to the world.
Merry Christmas.
Amanda
PS- I love that you guys are posting. I check your blog regularly. Keep it up

 
At 8:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Renee that is great! Brad and I have been talking about taking dancing lessons. Can you give me the scoop? We need to get together sometime since we both live in the Springs area!

 
At 4:27 PM, Blogger Hunter Happenings said...

Hey guys,
You are looking great. And your kids are adorable. Great to see you again!!

 
At 10:22 AM, Blogger Katrina said...

Hey guys! Just wanted to post to let you know that we have been thinking about you guys. We are about 15 months away from graduation and are putting our feelers out for CO. Are you guys still planning on being there?

 
At 12:47 PM, Blogger Tim St. Clair II said...

"Dancing through Life"! Ah, what is life right now . . . I am a little confused . . . I just want to have my own community theater and be settled somewhere more beautiful and warmer . . . hmmmmmmmmmmm . . .

LOVE YOU GUYS! HOPE TO SEE YOU SOON!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home